The latest and greatest happening in Downtown Clawson
- White Wolf Patisserie is in the process of transferring in a liquor license from their Novi location.
- Noble Fish, 45 E. 14 Mile, and White Wolf, 41 E. 14 Mile, are postponing official grand opening/ribbon cutting celebrations until after the first of the year.
- Business openings:
- Let’s Art About It, 39 E. 14 Mile, is open and celebrated their grand opening on November 14
- The Arena, 42 E. 14 Mile, opened on Tuesday, November 19. Grand Opening/Ribbon Cutting is yet to be scheduled
- Opening Soon: Interior buildout continues on Sabbath Coffee, 24 E. 14 Mile.
- Planning to open: Clawson residents Andrea and Tyler Williams are planning to open a gastropub at 1 E. 14 Mile (former Black Lotus). The name is Pumachug after a historic nickname for Clawson. The entire concept is a celebration of Clawson. There is an online survey on Downtown Clawson Facebook page and other social media sites. They also have a Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Pumachug
- Business closings: Da Nang Restaurant, 1 S. Main, and Trim Barber House, 26 N. Main, have both closed for business. The properties are available for lease.
- Pizza Hut, 20 W. 14 Mile, announced to employees the last day for business will be Sunday, Nov. 24. The Development Team met with an agent for the owner two years ago to review ordinances and site plan considerations for the site in anticipation of the end of the lease term. Determination for the site has not been revealed.
- Clawson Grill, 41 S. Main, remains closed for repairs following a fire last month
- The MainStreet Oakland Countywebsitelaunch date will be announced shortly. All Main Street communities have completed their pages. Final tweaks are underway.
- Joan Horton attended the Michigan Downtown Association Conference which included sessions on new marijuana legislation, liquor licensing and streetscape elements. Downtown businesses have been asking about trimming of street trees to keep them from hitting buildings. Spoke with landscape architect regarding shaping of the trees and recommendations for arborists.