All the Downtown news from the January and February DDA meetings
- By late Spring/ early Summer we should have businesses in the former Pumachug, 1 E. 14 Mile, and Lucky Duck, 38 S. Main, locations. The spaces have been leased with plans underway
- Unplug & Paint Resale, 126 E. 14 Mile, has closed for business. We wish Sandie Maynard all the best as she moves on to new experiences.
- Downtown Charlie’s, 28 S. Main, is nearly through the process of obtaining their liquor license
- Mojave Cantina is to be congratulated on opening a third location in South Lyon
Commercial construction projects continue in and around the downtown
- Broadway Square, second floor Clawsonian apartments have passed inspections allowing drywall to be installed. One step closer to completion!
- Second floor commercial space, 24 E. 14 Mile (above Sabbath Coffee).
- 400 S. Main.
- 331 N. Main; Biscuits & Gravy
- 76-84 W. 14 Mile (former Lim’s)
- 516 N. Main mixed-use development
- Clawson Manor, 255 E. 14 Mile, complete apartment renovations are underway and new panels will be added soon to the exterior updating the entire look of the building
- On January 12 the team from the National Main Street evaluated the accomplishments and programs of the Clawson DDA and found we met the standards and qualifications to, again, be awarded the status of a nationally accredited Main Street community. A formal presentation before Council will be scheduled.
- Working with Oakland County Business Development to gather customer data, demographics and customer traffic data to assist businesses in understanding customer habits and improve marketing.
- The Spring Outdoor Faire is scheduled for Saturday May 20. Celebrate Spring and the re-opening of the Social District with business deals, food & drink specials, crafters and food trucks. Response from vendors has been very positive. We do still have some space for talented crafters. Contact Joan Horton at email@example.com
- City Council has granted road closure permission on South Main Street for downtown summer events:
- Saturday, July 8 for the 16th annual Cinema in the Street. To allow time for movie screen and entertainment set-up, the road closure would begin at 4:30 p.m., with the re-opening to be scheduled for 12 midnight.
- August 26 for the 3rd annual – newly expanded – ClawsonFest. To allow time for the stage and vendors to set up the road closure would begin at 10am with the re-opening to be scheduled for 10pm.