All the news from the Director’s Report at the November board meeting….
- Sadly Andrea & Tyler Williams have made the decision to close Pumachug, 1 E. 14 Mile.
COVID is still affecting businesses as we continue to recover from the impact of the pandemic.
Commercial construction continues
In the Downtown:
- Broadway Square retail space and The Clawsonian apartments (ACE development)
- Second floor commercial space, 24 E. 14 Mile (above Sabbath Coffee)
Outside the Downtown
- 400 S. Main,
- 331 N. Main; Biscuits & Gravy
- 76-84 W. 14 Mile (former Lim’s)
- 516 N. Main mixed-use development
Other News & Updates
- Efforts to improve Municipal trash collection continues. SOCCRA controls the recycling pickup and they have, so far, been unable to provide additional pickup days. Cardboard recycling, in particular, remains problematic.
- Clock update; A deposit has been sent, from the Clawson Community Foundation (CCF), to Lumichron for the clock repair. The Foundation provided non-profit status for the clock fundraising and holds/issues the funds. Lumichron intends to complete the work before the end of the year. The DDA will schedule a ribbon cutting celebration once complete.
- Alley artwork; The steel has been received and cut. Material is now moved to the next contractor for welding and assembly.
- The Social District is open throughout the year, 7 days a week and is open from the time participating license holders open for business until midnight.
$1000 Sustainability Grant from Oakland County. The County team have visited the pedestrian islands and will make recommendation and place plants
- The Downtown Dollars Program will be reinstated for the holidays with a Buy one, Get one offer. Buy $25 and get a $5 bonus gift; buy $50 and get a $10 bonus gift; buy $100 and get a $25 bonus gift. And all transaction fees are free. The program will launch for Small Business Saturday.
- A social media contest promotion will be launched November 21st for Small Business Saturday and run until November 28.
- share a picture from your favorite Downtown Clawson business, tag their Facebook page and tag the Downtown Clawson Facebook page add the hashtag #showusyourheart. Every post will be entered into a raffle for a chance to win $100 in Downtown Dollars.
- Win money through the Oakland County Local Gems promotion.
- Take a selfie from inside or outside your favorite Downtown Clawson business and enter the Local Gems November Sweepstake for a chance at winning $1,000. It’s easy! Now through 11/26, each different business you submit increases your odds of winning.
- Entry form at: com/ShopSmall
- #OaklandCounty #LocalGemOC #MainStreetOC #ShopLocalOaklandTogether #ShopSmall#SmallBusinessSaturday Advantage Oakland
- In preparation for Small Business Saturday the DDA has visited businesses and distributed shopping bags for customers