All the news from the October board meeting….
- Sadly the Lucky Duck, 38 S. Main, has closed for business and they are missed. We wish Grant all the best in his next endeavour.
- Triple Thread, 25 W. 14 Mile, has the same great product and service but now with a new owner. Welcome David Thomas!
- Congrats to Bob White as he now celebrates sole ownership at Clawson Auto Sales, 62 W. 14 Mile
Note: We thank everyone for their support during the pandemic but it’s not over. COVID is still impacting businesses. In addition to staff shortages and rising product costs, COVID illnesses and isolation times are also hitting hard.
We are all still struggling through this together. Business owners and employees all appreciate the support from the Clawson community.
Commercial construction in and around the downtown
- Work continues at 400 S. Main and on the proposed Biscuits & Gravy at 331 N. Main and 76-84 W. 14 Mile (former Lim’s). Progress also continues for the Broadway Square development and the second floor commercial space above Sabbath Coffee.
- The mixed use development at 516 N. Main continues to move forward.
- The Elliot Park Apartments on Rochester Road are complete.
Other News & Updates
- Efforts to improve Municipal trash collection continues. SOCCRA controls the recycling pickup and they are working to find ways for additional days of pickup. Cardboard recycling, in particular, is problematic. We await additional quotes for the poly cart/garage containers proposed for the downtown walkways.
- Clock update; City Council has agreed to add funds to the fundraising efforts by the Clawson High School students in order to complete the cost for renovations to the clock. Lumichron has been awarded the contract. It is anticipated they will be able complete the work before the end of the year. Once completed a ribbon cutting celebration will take place to thank everyone that helped make this happen.
- Alley artwork; The steel has been received and work has begun to cut the material for the artwork.
The MI Enhancement Grant from the Michigan Economic Development Corp (MEDC) for the HAWK traffic signal at E. 14 Mile and Florence has a new timeline which was submitted with the required MEDC reporting. The new start date for engineering is October 31 and the project end date is July 25, 2023.
Businesses are signed up and ready for Trick or Treasure on Saturday, October 29 from noon to 2pm. Trick or treaters will travel from business to business gathering treats. Parents may find treats along the way too!
Costumed Pubkin Crawlers will have their fun that same evening. Games, contests, and general silliness ensue as crawlers travel through the downtown pubs enjoying food and drink specials as they play and compete for prizes.
Full details are on downtownclawson.com click the links below: