All the news from the April DDA board meeting…
Downtown Business Updates
- Great Lakes ACE Hardware, 149 E. 14 Mile, celebrated their renovation with a Grand Re-opening and chain cutting celebration on Thursday, April 28 with specials throughout the weekend
- 204 E. 14 Mile will be the home of Cloverleaf Pizza as Uncle Andy’s Pizza has closed their Clawson location.
- House of BBQ, received approval for an outdoor smoker and received their certificate of occupancy at 220 S. Main. They are now open for take-out as they continue to hire for full service.
- The Main Street Main Event Awards program/dinner will be held at the Flagstar Theater in Pontiac on May 5. The event recognizes excellence in Oakland County downtowns.. We have submitted award packages for consideratio
- The Business Directory online at downtownclawson.com has been updated with new features and we will continue to add information
- Received a grant in the amount of $1,000.00 from Cooperative Invasive Species Management Area (CISMA) for plantings in the pedestrian islands
- There is a grant opportunity available through the Michigan Economic Development Corporation that can be used for streetscape improvements. We will prepare an application by the 6-1-2022 submittal deadline.
- Dine Clawson
- Committee is working to plan the Open Air Sidewalk Faire on May 21. There will be artisan vendors, sidewalk sales, restaurant specials and strolling entertainers. The event will also kick-off the Downtown Clawson Social District.
- The committee is reviewing options for different in-ground plantings. Have also recommended suspending hanging baskets for a year while options for different planter arms, baskets and watering sources are considered to ensure the plants remain healthy throughout the entire season.
- Committee has determined a multi-step plan for lighting, seating and artwork. Lighting proposal is submitted to the board for consideration and received approval.
- DPW plans to install the decorative arch at the alley entrance by May 21.