News from the month of August….
- 139 W. 14 Mile; Mangiamo has opened offering local and imported gourmet food items. The first cooking demonstration took place Wednesday, August 24 and they will soon offer custom charcuterie boards. Their website is https://www.mangiamo-clawson.com.
- 76-84 W. 14 Mile (former Lim’s Palace) renovations are underway
- 24 E. 14 Mile continues second story renovations
Outside the Downtown
400 S. Main and 133 S. Main renovations are underway
The mixed use development at 516 N. Main continues
The Elliot Park Apartments on Rochester Road is nearing completion
- Clawson has officially been recognized as a Redevelopment Ready Community by the State of Michigan. The designation is a recognition that Clawson integrates transparency, predictability and efficiency into daily development practices thereby streamlining all development projects. Elizabeth King from the Michigan Economic Development Corp (MEDC) made a presentation to Council on August 16
- Municipal dumpsters and other trash collections continue to be a focus for the DDA. An update on the efforts to date has been sent to business owners on the newsletter list and posted on the DDA website.
- The immediate focus on ClawsonFest preparations for August 27 helped to support a successful event.; Eight downtown restaurants served and sold out and retail vendors were successful
- Dimmers have been added to the overhead lighting allowing the alley to be lit to a comfortable level.
- 4 sets of bistro tables and chairs have been added thanks to the donation by Leon & Lulu
- Planters from the NW corner have been moved to the alley where Debbie Bonich, owner of Salon Oggi, has offered to keep them watered and thriving
See downtownclawson.com for more event information. Look in the ‘Happenings’ tab.
Please contact DDA Director Joan Horton
email and cell number are below
Director Clawson DDA