All the news that is news for the month of June….
- The Vintage Vault, 38 E. 14 Mile, had a ribbon cutting and grand opening on Friday, June 17. We welcome brothers Ryan & Dylan Burke
- Mangiamo will open soon at 139 W. 14 Mile selling gourmet food items – olive oil, spices and more – and holding cooking demonstrations. Welcoming new entrepreneur Michelle Kosteniuk
- Old Port Restaurant, 278 E. 14 Mile, received approval from the Planning Commission to install (2) retractable awnings on the front façade of the building to shade the outdoor seating.
Outside the Downtown
331 N. Main received engineering approval of their site plan and are now able to apply for construction permits
- The mixed use development at 516 N. Main has begun underground work to install sewer lines.
- The Elliot Park Apartments on Rochester Road continue to receive final inspections on completed units
- The deadline applications were met for the Main Street Tech Visit and In Your Town funding requests which will assist streetscape & social district amenities.
- The MI Enhancement grant for the new signal at the pedestrian crossing in front of the ACE Development is complete and ready to be signed by the City Manager. Due to the delayed submittal date the project will now be scheduled for Spring 2023
- We submitted an application to the Planning Assistance Program administered by the Southeast Council of Governments (SEMCOG) for electric vehicle charger planning and the installation of two level two chargers.
- All materials have been submitted for the Redevelopment Ready Community status. Awaiting review.
- The Building/Planning Department have adopted Construction Site Standards & Expectations to ensure all building sites meet public safety standards and remain orderly
String lighting has now been installed. Seating will be placed next, to be followed by artwork.
- The Clawson Social District had a successful launch. All information is on the Downtown Clawson website: https://www.downtownclawson.com/happenings/downtown-clawson-social-district/.
- Cinema in the Street is Saturday, July 9 and we have selected a great movie. The cinema showing for 2022 will be the movie Sing.
- Perennial flowers have been planted in the clock tower bed and the opposite corner along the City of Clawson brick decorative wall.
- Volunteers needed! We are asking volunteers to stop and pick a weed when you’re strolling downtown. A weed here and there and you can make a big difference.