Here’s what’s happening in the downtown……
- 204 E. 14 Mile; awaiting Certificate of Occupancy request from Cloverleaf Pizza
- 12 Church Ave; Pure Roots Wellness has filed an Initial Business License & Certificate of Occupancy request.
- 24 E. 14 Mile continues second story renovations
- 139 W. 14 Mile; Mangiamo is planning on a mid-August opening
- Clawson Shoe Repair is sporting a new paint job
- 76-84 W. 14 Mile (former Lim’s Palace); building permits have been issued to begin renovations
Outside the Downtown
400 S. Main has received building permits to begin renovations
- The mixed use development at 516 N. Main continues
- The Elliot Park Apartments on Rochester Road continue to receive final inspections on additional completed units
- The townhome development that received site plan approval between Florence and High Street, west of East 14 Mile, is temporarily held on construction while construction costs for material and labor, due to COVID, are evaluated
The quarterly stats required for Main Street accreditation will be completed and turned in by the July end deadline for the second quarter.
- The DDA submitted an application to the Planning Assistance Program administered by the Southeast Council of Governments (SEMCOG) for electric vehicle charger planning and the installation of two level two chargers but we did not receive the award.
- Clawson has received notification that we have met all of the standards and qualifications to be awarded status as a Michigan Redevelopment Ready Community. Elizabeth King from the Michigan Economic Development Corp is scheduled to make a presentation to Council on August 16 at the regular Council meeting.
- Municipal dumpsters! They are an ongoing issue and we are constantly working with business owners, Tringali; the trash removal contractor, and city departments to resolve the problems. Additional cans have been delivered along with additional pick-up days. We will continue to monitor in order to achieve the right mix. Unsightly trash hurts business and the community.
- Cinema in the Street was another success with good attendance, great weather, and amazing business sponsorship. Sponsorship and support by businesses for the cinema and the contests and karaoke before the movie ensures great events are not a draw on the DDA limited budget. Thank you all for the support!
- Bistro table and chair seating has been selected for the alley and will arrive soon
- The Clawson H.S. students have completed the fundraising for the clock renovation and are turning the funds over to the DDA to schedule the repair/renovation
- Upcoming events are:
- 24th Annual Clawson Lion’s Car Show on August 13
- 2nd Annual ClawsonFest on August 27
See downtownclawson.com for more event information. Look in the ‘Happenings’ tab.