The latest and greatest news and updates from the December DDA Board Meeting and beyond
- White Wolf Patisserie, 31 E. 14 Mile, will have a Class C liquor license after the first of the year when the process of the license transfer from their Novi location is complete.
- Interior buildout continues on Sabbath Coffee, 24 E. 14 Mile. Opening date has not been determined
- Installation of the water line for Weiss Distillery, 30 E. 14 Mile, is underway paving the way for construction to begin..
- Developers for the ACE Development are in the process of exploring funding options including Brownfield Redevelopment as they continue to move forward with construction planning.
- Pumachug, 1E. 14 Mile, received a resolution from Council allowing them to make application for a Redevelopment Liquor License. The business, opening in the former Black Lotus location, has a website for more information at pumachug.com
- Met with the property owners of Pizza Hut to discuss possibilities for the site. No determination has been made.
- Clawson Grill, 41 S. Main, remains closed due to fire damage
- Tom Melistas, owner of Tavern on the Main, has passed after a long battle with cancer.
- The Main Street Oakland County website has done a private launch and will announce public launch soon. The new website is a marketing tool being provided at no cost to the accredited Main Street downtowns with each downtown having a page and calendar to highlight businesses, events and community to visitors to the area as well as residents.
- MSOC is presenting an Effective Board Development Workshop on January 22 at their offices in Waterford. Attendance of three board members brings bonus funding for Downtown Clawson programs.
- The second DDA Informational Meeting was held prior to the City Council meeting on December 17 thus meeting the requirements of Public Act 57 of 2018. The material is posted on downtownclawson.com – under the About tab click on Downtown Development Authority
- The Mid-Year Budget Review is also posted on the website on the same page
Bookmark our website downtownclawson.com and follow us on Facebook facebook.com/downtownclawson.