- White Wolf Patisserie, 31 E. 14 Mile, and Noble Fish, 45 E. 14 Mile both celebrated their official Ribbon Cuttings and Grand Openings on January 14
- Froze Creamery, 230 S. Main, has opened. They feature rolled ice cream tacos, bubble tea and Dragons Breath. Ribbon cutting date has not been scheduled
- r. collective, 122 S. Main, was selected by Salon Today as one of the top 200 salons in the nation. The award ceremony takes place in New Orleans in January
- ACE Hardware, 149 E. 14 Mile, has begun interior renovation. Interior walls have been removed, shelving and product are being relocated. The business remains open for businessas usual during the process
- The owners of Pummachug, the new bistro leasing the former Black Lotus site at 1 E. 14 Mile, are submitting site plans with the intent to be scheduled for site plan review with the Planning Commission in February.
- Clawson Grill, 41 S. Main, remains closed due to smoke damage sustained in a small fire in early October
- Main Street Oakland County is presenting an Effective Board Development Workshop on January 22 at their offices in Pontiac. Attendance of three board members means $1500 for “In Your Town’ training in a topic the DDA will select and enters our program in a drawing for $1000 in additional funding to be used at our discretion
- With the completion of the water line installation invoices were submitted for the release of the grant funds awarded to Weiss Distillery, 30 E. 14 Mile, by Flagstar Bank through Main Street Oakland County
- Reminder: Joint meeting of City Council, Planning Commission, Zoning Board of Appeals, and DDA is scheduled for Tuesday, January 28 at 7:30pm
- The survey for the Development Plan update is posted on social media with bulletins posted in City Hall. Library and Hunter Center. The survey is online only and will run until February 5. Personnel at the library and Hunter will assist with computer access if needed.
The survey link is: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ClawsonDDA20
- PictureThis™ is another online platform we are using to hear resident opinions. Pictures of features from other cities and downtowns are submitted to show ideas of what people like.
The link to PictureThis™ is: https://arcg.is/1b0WH5
- The resignation of City Manager Erin Irwin was accepted on Monday, January 13. A special meeting of City Council was held the following evening where Kathy Leenhouts, Director of Parks Recreation & Senior Services was appointed as Interim City Manager and Police Chief Scott Sarvello as Assistant City Manager
- Sad news from the Building Department – Building Official Jim Albus has announced his retirement. His last work day for Clawson will be Wednesday, February 5th