All the news that is news in the downtown from the Director Report at the January DDA board meeting
Downtown Business Updates
- Weiss Distilling Company, 34 E. 14 Mile, opened for business on January 15
- A new business, HotWorx, is moving into, 147 E. 14 Mile, one of the Broadway Square retail spaces.
- New BBQ restaurant has filed a New Business Application for 220 S. Main
Other City Businesses
- Site Plan Application has been turned in for 331 S. Main for a small restaurant
- A pottery studio, Purcell Creative, has leased 120 S. Rochester
- The National Main Street annual evaluation is scheduled for next Wednesday, January 25. Due to COVID it will be a virtual evaluation. It will be a half day with Main Street reps, board members, city reps, business owners & volunteers
- A public hearing on the ordinance change for the Clearzoning format of the Clawson Zoning Ordinance was held before the Planning Commission on January 11 and they voted to send to City Council for approval.
- The fundraising for the clock has been extended by the H.S. students championing the effort.
- Working on finalizing the social district signage, postcard size information table cards and stickers.
- The formatting is complete for the new online Business Directory. Waiting now for the code to embed the directory on the website
Continuing to work on the application specifics of two sources of grant funding
The Alley Design Committee will begin determining a final plan for artwork, seating, lighting and landscaping.
The Restaurant Committee has been formed with owners/managers from downtown restaurants. The group will determine how to market downtown dining and organize restaurant based events. A formal name for the group is to be determined
A Downtown Landscape Committee has interested volunteers and we will be setting a meeting in the upcoming weeks to discuss the best course for on-going maintenance and future needs.