The latest and greatest news and updates from the January DDA Board Meeting:
January 2019 Director Report
- Interior work is underway at NOAR Technology, 303 E. 14 Mile (former Toto bldg.)
- Demolition has begun at 32 E. 14 Mile for the Weiss Distilling project (former home of Great Sport Coffee). Construction to begin in the Spring.
- The architect for the developers of the ACE Hardware property, 149 E. 14 Mile, will meet with the Development Team this week to present concepts for improvements.The developers have met with the Team several times to talk through concepts and their plans are very much in line with the Downtown Master Plan. Very exiting for our downtown and so happy that ACE is will remain our downtown hardware store!
- Work moves forward on the expansion of Noble Fish and the White Wolfe Patisserie with utility service upgrades currently in progress. Spring/Summer opening remains the goal.
- The new alley entrance arch for the E. 14 Mile alley leading to the SE municipal parking lot has been delivered to DPW. There is a possibility with the nicest January weather on record that it may be installed before Spring.
The annual evaluation for national accreditation is scheduled for Thursday, February 14. Board members, community members, city employees and volunteers will be invited to meet with the evaluating team.
Giffels-Webster is now under contract to provide planning services for the City of Clawson. Planners will be Rod Arroyo, Joe Tangeri and Jill Bahm with Jill as the principal planner providing office hours in the city. This is the same team that provided services to the DDA to develop the award-winning Downtown Clawson Master Plan. We’re happy to have them on the team!