All the news that is news from the March DDA meeting…..
Downtown Business Updates
- HotWorx has opened for business at 147 E. 14 Mile. Ribbon cutting to be scheduled
- 41 E. 14 Mile has been leased by One World Market, the parent company for Noble Fish and will be renovated allowing interior access from White Wolf to Noble.
- Great Lakes ACE Hardware, 149 E. 14 Mile, will be celebrating their renovation with a Grand Re-opening and chain cutting celebration on Thursday, April 28 at 9:30am
- The Avery-Hasler Insurance business, 14 E. 14 Mile, has been sold and they have moved from the building.
- The Lucky Duck, 38 S. Main, has submitted concepts for the outdoor patio at the rear of the building which is part of their site plan
- 139 W. 14 Mile is available for lease as Salt & Sugar has vacated the space.
Other City Businesses
- Clawson Clay Guild, pottery studio, is now open at 120 S. Rochester Rd. They offer classes and have several pottery wheels.
- The National Main Street Conference takes place May 16-18 in Richmond, VA. MSOC is again offering two full conference attendance fares and a travel voucher.
- The use of the annual Tech Visit is under consideration. The request for technical assistance and funding must be submitted this month.
- The Clearzoning format of the zoning ordinance is now fully active. It is posted on the City and Downtown websites with a print version also available at the Building Department desk.
- Additional pickups are now scheduled for the trash and cardboard recycling containers in the enclosure in the NE municipal parking lot. The general managers all have met regarding the enclosure and determined to work together to keep the area in better care.
- The Business Directory online at downtownclawson.com will be moving to the upgraded version to allow more control over the content including available properties and other features
- Application to the Business Relief Grant administered by Michigan Dept. of Treasury remains open until March 31. Complete program details and eligibility requirements were sent to businesses last month and are posted on downtownclawson.com/news.
- Dine Clawson
- Restaurant Week is March 27 to April 2. There is a dedicated website; com to check specials and activities
- Reviewing options for different plantings. Consideration is being given to suspending hanging baskets for a year while options for different planter arms, baskets and watering sources are considered.
- Agreed on an Art Wall focal point and type of lighting Currently gathering quotes to present to the board.