The latest and greatest from the Director’s Report at the May DDA meeting:
- Met with the construction manager and reps from Noble Fish regarding their expansion plans. Tentative interior plans were presented. There will be increased seating possibly 35 seats. The focus will be on carry out – Bento boxes (single serve ready to eat meals), noodle dishes, fresh fish and sushi.
- White Wolfe Japanese Patissiere has leased 31 E. 14 Mile Road for a pastry shop and coffee house
- Weiss Distilling Company will be the name of the new business at 24/34 E. 14 Mile. The business received a resolution of support from Council to make application to the MLCC for a Small Distiller License. Retail spaces in the front (their own and lease space for artisan use) production area and tasting room – speakeasy style with seating for 35
- A plaque was presented to Flipside Records yesterday commemorating 35 years in business in Downtown Clawson and photos will be sent to news outlets
- Clawson won the highest number of awards from among the Oakland County accredited communities at the Main Event award program. The judges awarded Downtown Clawson for
- Telling Your Story category for the Downtown Clawson Design Guidelines
- Celebrating Main Street category for 10 years of Cinema in the Street
- Business Owner of the Year category to Mary Liz Curtin
- Road Resurfacing Project:
- Project is on schedule
- Interurban tracks were uncovered and saved
- 11 foot sinkhole uncovered on E. 14 in front of PF Gallery
- Updates continue on downtownclawson.com
- DDA budget was approved by Council at the budget meetings & budget was formally adopted last night at the City Council meeting
DTE has recently written to the City Manager to apologize for the inconvenience created by repeat power outages and say they understand the level of service in our area has not been up to standard. They explained they are working to improve the service and power quality.
We are told further communication on this issue will be forthcoming.
Meanwhile DTE has opened a dedicated phone line–1-877-591-6960– for all Clawson complaints and issues.
This line is not staffed but it DTE promises it is closely monitored