October 2019 Director Report
- Clawson Grill, 41 S. Main, suffered a small fire in the early morning of Thursday, October 10 and is closed until further notice. The smoke damage caused the adjacent businesses – Clawson Jewelers and The Yarn Stop – to also close until cleaning is completed.
- The White Wolf Patisserie, 41 E. 14 Mile, grand opening and ribbon cutting event is being rescheduled. The date is yet to be determined.
- Work has begun on 24 E. 14 Mile for Sabbath Coffee
- Three Cats, 116 W. 14 Mile, opened for business on September 20.
- Let’s Art About It – an art therapy /workshop business – will be opening soon at 39 E. 14 Mile and will replace Creative Chic Workshop which closed last month. The business will schedule individual and group sessions with a focus on the therapeutic effect of art. A day long grand opening is scheduled for November 14 with the ribbon cutting at 11am
- The Arena– a full service men’s salon – will be opening at 42 E. 14 Mile. They are targeting a November 15 opening
- Dairy-O, 208 S. Main, has closed for the season
- 38 S. Main, formerly Moose Winooski, is for sale. The buyer that recently purchased decided not to pursue a business opening.
- 38 E. 14 Mile will be available for lease on December 1st.
- All text and photos have been turned in from Clawson for the new Main Street Oakland County website. Launch date is yet to be announced.
- DDA Refresh training last month focused on the new legislative changes for DDA’s and new reporting and DDA website requirements.
- No install date has been set for the East 14 Mile alley arch. Dennis Weiss the property owner adjacent to the alley is working with AT&T to have the post removed on the east side of the alley. The guidewire for the post is what has been holding up the install of the arch
- The unveiling event for the DIA’s mural on South Main is planned for October 26 to coincide with the downtown Trick or Treasure. Representatives from the DIA will be present to introduce and talk about the artwork. Cider and donuts will be provided by Clawson Parks and Rec.
- Businesses are signed up and ready for the downtown Trick or Treasure kids event from noon to 3pm on Saturday, October 26 and pre-registration for the Great Pubkin Crawl taking place later that evening is going strong with over 100 pre-registered to date. Online registration at www.downtownclawson.com/happenings/the-great-pubkin-crawl ends on October 23rd. Pre-registration cost is $20 per person and night of the event will be $25. Volunteers are needed for both events. Please contact DDA Director Joan Horton if interested in taking part, firstname.lastname@example.org or 248-219-4022