All the news that is news for the Month of October…
Downtown Business Updates
- Pumachug, 1 S. Main, began with weekend lunch service on Saturday, October 17
- The engineering plan has been approved for Broadway Square (ACE Development) and an excavator has begun the underground utility installation. Traffic is temporarily down to one lane along the project area.
- Construction has begun for the Weiss Distillery, 34 E. 14 Mile. Fencing has been installed in the SE municipal lot to hold the construction trailer and materials.
- Sabbath Coffee Roasters, 24 E. 14 Mile, is now open
- Consumers Energy has shut service to the properties in the Clawson Lofts project and they will be completing demo of the single family homes in the first week of November
- New (temporary) signage has been installed on Whiskey Taco Foxtrot, the former Montage Cantina at 28 S. Main
- There is a new business owner for 84 W. 14 Mile, the former Lim’s Palace and they have presented their building concept ideas to the Development Team and site plans have been submitted.
- Façade renovations continue for 133 W. 14 Mile, the former Fougnie Floral location
Alley update; The City Engineer (AEW) and DPW have determined a drainage solution and will be adding drainage with a 3 ft. section through the center of the alley. This is another step towards a complete modification of the alley and will take place once other underground work – for sewer and Consumers Energy – are completed by the Weiss Distilling construction project.
Zoning update; The Downtown zoning updates will be on the next Planning Commission meeting, November 10, which is the next step in the process to adopt the three zoning areas identified in the Downtown Master Plan
TIF & Development Plan update: A public meeting is scheduled to occur during the City Council meeting on Wednesday, November 4
Main Street Oakland County has plans underway for promotions for Small Business Saturday with the intention to extend promotions through the following week for the Main Street downtowns. The Clawson DDA has additional promotions under consideration to encourage downtown shopping and dining through the holidays and winter months.