All the news that is news in Downtown Clawson for the month of October…
Downtown Business Updates
- Broadway Square (ACE Development), construction continues, rough carpentry nearing completion, waiting on DTE to move streetlights to accommodate on-street parking
- Lucky Duck, 38 S. Main, and Downtown Charlie’s (expansion), 230-236 S. Main, have received Certificates of Occupancy and will open soon
- Noori Chicken, 1 S. Main will have all inspections completed soon and able to receive a Certificate of Occupancy
- Traffic has vacated 110 S. Main and it is available to lease.
- 220 S. Main, is available to lease, Due Venti has moved to a new location in Berkeley
- Expecting the Downtown Parking Study results in mid-November
- Work on the E. 14 Mile Alley is complete with the new drain installed and brickwork complete. The arch at the entrance will be installed next
- New silhouette art figures have been delivered and will be installed when DPW can schedule.
- Received $80,000 funding from the state for improvement to the 14 & Main intersection. This was earmarked for Clawson by Rep. Padma Kuppa. We are working with her office for clarification on the use.
- Working with SEMCOG on the use of funding that has been repurposed for use as downtown streetscape improvements.
- Currently working to clarify use groups – traffic, safety, placemaking – for both of the above funds and to gather costs to put the monies to the best use
Building & Planning Department Update
- Construction continues for Elliot Street apartment complex on N. Rochester Road. No updates
- The proposed new development at 516 N. Main received site plan approval at the October 26 Planning Commission meeting.
The board approved the purchase of Bluetooth beacons from Distrx which will be used during the Pubkin Crawl to direct attendees to participating locations and the challenges to be performed. The 10 beacons will be used throughout the year for many other events.
Business: The Michigan Liquor Control Commission has sent notice that license holders may begin to submit applications to belong to the Clawson Social District.