The latest and greatest from the Directors Report at the October DDA meeting:
- Welcome new business owners:
- Charlotte Alterations,16 S. Main, currently operating with new owner
- Yojo Frozen Yogurt, 230 S. Main, plans to re-open by end of the month under new ownership
- One Hour Martinizing, 141 E. 14 Mile, has closed and vacated the property. Thisleaves parking available on the north end of the building. ACE will now use that space for stacking of mulch/soil/salt currently stored in the parking lot.
- A Step Outside the Box, 29 S. Main, has closed and the space is available
- Carmoni’s Pizza, 202 E. 14 Mile, plans to open by the end of this month
- Due Venti, 220 S. Main, has added a new business venture – Ritual Kitchen – a meal home delivery service
- Weiss Distilling Company, 24-34 E. 14 Mile, will begin construction in the Spring.
- Renshaw Lounge, 210 E. 14 Mile, is making interior updates including new hi-top booths.
- Public Art:
- Installation of the silhouette artwork is complete. We will be seeking sponsorships for a Phase Two installation.
- Waiting for a decision from engineering regarding drainage in the alley in order to proceed with archway
- 14 Mile and Main pedestrian crossing markings and safety:
- Pedestrian safety: Received preliminary report from TIA & sent to our consultant for review
- Trick-or-Treasure and The Great Pubkin Crawl are Saturday, October 27. There are over 50 businesses and others handing out candy and treats. Pre-registration for the Pubkin Crawl exceeds 100 people to date.