The latest and greatest from the Director Report at the September DDA Board Meeting:
- White Wolf Patisserie, 41 E. 14 Mile opened on September 12. There are plans for an October grand opening and ribbon cutting event
- Uncle Andy’s Pizza, 202 E. 14 Mile, opened on September 9. A ribbon cutting was held on September 18
- Weiss Distillery, 24-34 E. 14 Mile, received site plan approval on a revised site plan with a newly designed façade and interior changes. Sabbath Coffee, a coffee roasting business, will occupy the ground floor level of 24 E. 14 Mile and will be open as soon as building renovations are compete. It is planned the construction on the new distillery building will be started before the end of the year.
- The new development and remodel of the ACE building and property, 149 E. 14 Mile received site plan approval. Remodel of the existing ACE building and install of piers for the second level apartments above ACE will begin in the next few months. It is expected construction for the new building will start next Spring. This will be a multi-year project. Staging for the construction will be in the adjacent PF Galleries location which has also been purchased as part of the project and will eventually be parking for the residential units
- Three Cats Café, 116 W. 14 Mile, received a Certificate of Occupancy and their opening date is set for September 20.
- The Wednesday farmers market days at Salt and Sugar, 139 W. 14 Mile, have ended for the season
- Main Street Oakland Countywebsite has been slightly delayed as communitiesare still submitting content.The website gives a presence to each Main Street community along with the event calendar that will show the activities in all communities in one location. The website will also link to each downtowns individual website.
- DDA Refresh training is being held on September 26 in Auburn Hills
- No install date for the alley arch. Concerns are now being raised that were deemed not an issue in the design phase of this project.
- There was a joint City Council, PC, ZBA, DDA meeting on September 10. The agenda included Michigan Marijuana law, large lot ordinance, and an update on Redevelopment Ready Community program
- The Detroit Institute of Artsmural is underway on the south wall of Clawson Jewelers. Artists from the DIA along with artist and CHS art teacher Megan Hominick are busy painting a beautiful design that shows off all the great qualities and sights of Clawson.The completion date is planned for October 26 to coincide with the downtown Trick or Treasure
- Planning is underway for the downtown Trick or Treasure kids event and the Great Pubkin Crawl to be held on Saturday, October 26. Trick or Treasure is from noon to 3p. The Pubkin Crawl participants will register 6-7pm at Leon & Lulu and pick up their play booklets. Online registration is open at downtownclawson.com/happenings/the-great-pubkin-crawl. Early registration is highly recommended. Early registration is $20 and ends at midnight on Wednesday, October 23. On-site registration is $25 per person.