All the news that is news for the month of September from the Director Report at the DDA monthly board meeting:
Downtown Business Updates
- Broadway Square (ACE Development) and Clawson Lofts (townhome development) continue moving through the construction process. No update
- Construction also continues on Lucky Duck, 38 S. Main, and Downtown Charlie’s, 230-236 S. Main, and Noori Chicken, 1 S. Main
- Full Certificate of Occupancy (COO) has been issued for Weiss Distilling with the completion of brick paver installation at the front of the building
- The DDA is attempting to set a Zoom meeting with DTE and downtown business owners to discuss continued power outages and business losses. Awaiting meeting date.
- Wanda Norman, with Rich & Associates, is continuing work on the Downtown Parking Study. There have been 400 responses to the online survey.
- 14 Mile Alley: Funding has been formally approved for the project by Council. Hartwell is ordering the trench drain and will install in a few weeks. Install of bricks and arch will follow
- New silhouette art figures have been delivered and will be installed when DPW can schedule.
Building & Planning Department Update
- Construction continues for Elliot Street apartment complex on N. Rochester Road. No updates
- Site Plan submittal has been received for the new development at 516 N. Main and is under review
Design: The Social District logo has been approved by the DDA Board
- Cinema in the Street had a successful showing on September 11
- Planning has begun for October events
- We are looking into an online option for running the scavenger hunt
Business: No updates on the Social District application submitted to the Michigan Liquor Control Commission for consideration.