The latest and greatest from the Director’s Report at the June DDA meeting:
· Weiss Distilling Company, 24/34 E. 14 Mile, will be submitting site plans soon and Design Committee will need to review for Façade Grant consideration
· House of Optical, 250 E. 14 Mile, received variances from ZBA regarding kneewall for parking lot screening and retaining the monument sign
· Tavern on the Main was a topic at the last Council meeting with Howie Airress and the restaurant manager both speaking on parking issues with Woodpile. City Manager was asked to review.
- Have requested a consultant to help develop a Fundraising Plan as this years Tech Visit
- MSOC has partnered with Genesys Credit Union and with Flagstar Bank for Micro Grants one for Placemaking & Façade Grants and the other for Business Start-Up
- Something we looked into several years ago but not viable for our size
- Road Resurfacing Project: remains on target for July 1st.
- Construction updates continue on downtownclawson.com
- Delivery of flower baskets was held back until closer to road completion but will be in place prior to July 1
- Continue to make progress on writing the new TIF Plan and making progress with Susie on the New Business Information Packet
- No reply from TIA to our traffic consultant re: crosswalk enhancements
- DDA’s are now eligible for state gaming licenses. We will be making application to help fundraising efforts
- A design for an archway at the E. 14 Mile entrance was approved
- Preparations for the Cinema and the entry in the 4th of July parade are nearly complete. Volunteers for the pre-move game set up is still needed.