The latest and greatest from the Director’s Report at the March DDA meeting:
- From the March 23 Planning Commission meeting:
- Site plans were approved for 116-118-122-140 S. Main (Laundry Palace plaza Pure Balance, the tenant at 116 S. Main, received a one year timeline to replace non-conforming signage.
- The new tech company,Traffic, received a temporary certificate of occupancy for 110 S. Main. The parking lot screening wall & landscaping will be completed when weather permits
- Salt & Spice, a catering company, has leased the space at 139 W. 14 Mile. In addition to catering they will have a small café and bakery
- Work continues at Zeoli’s Italian Restaurant, 126 E. 14 Mile. They hope to be open early summer.
- Sure sign of Spring; Look for Dairy-O to open the second week of April
- Pleased to announce that following the annual performance evaluation Downtown Clawson has again been rewarded standing as an accredited member of the National Main Street Center. An award presentation will be scheduled at an upcoming City Council meeting to recognize our 6 years as a nationally accredited program,
- The Oakland County award dinner and celebration of Main Street communities is scheduled for Friday, May 10.. We are submitting three award packets for consideration
- Awaiting an update from the traffic consultant on the 14 Mile & Main traffic/pedestrian safety evaluation
Outside the DDA
- Haberman Fabrics has opened
- Work has started on the former Zorba’s Restaurant which will be Chutney’s, a vegan Indian restaurant