Road Construction News
The latest from the Engineering Department…
An Informational Meeting was held on Wednesday, April 4 to provide details on the 14 Mile and Main road resurfacing project.
- mill off 4 inches of asphalt, repair road base as needed, replace asphalt
- fix drainage problems and water pooling in on-street parking areas
- rehabilitate curbing, manholes and catch basins as needed
- Orange cones will begin showing up on site this week
- Next week road work signage will be in place & surveyors will be on site
- Lane closures begin the week of April 15 as follows:
- north half of 14 Mile from Washington to Bellevue
- east half of Main Street from Gardner to Broadacre
- Traffic lanes will be open in both directions on each road at all times during the project
- It is anticipated this phase will be completed in mid-May and traffic will then shift to the opposite side of each road
- All roadwork is expected to be complete by July 1st – weather permitting
- Entire project including landscaping and incidental items to be completed by the end of July
- Access to all municipal lots will remain open at all times
- On-street parking will be accessible on the side of the road with open traffic lanes.
- Driveway access will be closed for as short a term as possible in order to pour concrete for new drive aprons
- Engineering will work with property/business owners to find alternate parking & shared parking options during drive closures. Some drives may need to be done in two halves to allow continued access
- Left turns will not be allowed 14 & Main intersection during the project
Scroll down to Special Events and download the Informational Meeting.We wil post new information on our website and send out to businesses on a regular basis.Questions and concerns may be sent anytime to Harry Drinkwine at email@example.com or call the cell at (248) 933-3585.
Please feel free to also contact DDA Director Joan Horton or copy on any information requests. We will be happy to help answer your information requests.
Director Clawson DDA